Working In Canada

Information for international students

Two people look at computer screens

International students are able to work in Canada during full-time academic studies at Saint Mary’s. When you arrive in Canada and begin your full-time undergraduate or graduate studies, you will be able to work part-time (up to 20 hours a week, on or off campus) during academic study and full time (up to 40 hours a week) during school breaks.

Once you complete your degree, you may be able to stay in Canada and work full-time, anywhere in the country, for up to three years on a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). The Saint Mary’s University International Student Centre can assist you with the work permit process.