From the moment you arrive on campus, you’ll notice what makes Saint Mary’s special. Our campus is compact yet cosmopolitan, making for a truly unique student experience. Our university is enriched by international students from over 100 countries, who make up almost a quarter of our student body. We combine this diverse, friendly atmosphere with world-class academic programs, a truly global curriculum and many opportunities for personal and intellectual growth.
International and Canadian students learning and working side-by-side, help to create a unique and truly intercultural educational experience for all.
Registration for the Spring & Summer 2021 term is now open. For registration assistance, click here.
Information and Resources
- COVID-19: Future students information
- The International Centre provides support, assistance, and advice to international students, including hosting international orientation events in January, May, July and September to help you settle in.
- English as a Second Language is taught at Saint Mary's through The Language Centre. The Language Centre offers many ESL programs designed to meet your needs, including English for Academic Purposes (EAP), the University Bridging Program (UBP) and the one-month ELS Immersion (IMM).
- View our admission requirements for international students.
- Apply for your student visa at least 8 weeks prior to your intended study date. The length of this process depends on your country of residence and where you need to apply. You can find more information online from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Explore what it’s like to attend university by the sea on the beautiful east coast of Canada.